Our expertise in labor and employment law allows us to assertively represent both plaintiffs and defendants with various employment law issues in multiple forums. Whether your case is heard in state court, federal court, arbitration, mediation, or an administrative hearing, we will work to represent you to resolve your dispute on favorable terms.
If you are an employer, we can assist you in all phases of employment relationships. From identifying and avoiding potential problems with specially tailored employment documents to aggressively providing litigation defensive services, we provide a diverse range of employment law services to meet your needs.
If you have been wrongfully terminated by your employer or were the victim of workplace discrimination, unpaid wages, harassment, retaliation, or an unfair non-compete agreement, our firm can help you navigate the sometimes overwhelming intricacies of California and Federal labor laws to fight back against a current or former employer whose practices have violated California and/or Federal labor laws.
Our firm is experienced in many areas of California labor law for employees and employers, including, but not limited to:
- Wrongful Termination: breach of employment contracts, discrimination, etc.
- Discrimination: Gender, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, LGBT, and disability discrimination
- Wage and Hour: Minimum wage violations, overtime pay, vacation and sick pay, off the clock unpaid wages, reimbursable work expenses, and meal/rest periods
- Sexual Harassment: Hostile work environment and quid pro quo
- Retaliation: Religion, sexual orientation, gender, medical conditions or disabilities, political activities, national origin, ethnicity, race, and whistle blowing
- Trade Secrets and Non-compete Agreements: Misappropriation, unfair competition and related issues
Administrative Proceedings, Arbitration, and Mediation
Some employees are subject to mediation, arbitration, or various administrative proceedings pursuant to an employment contract, employment manual, or applicable law. We are experienced in many forums and will use that experience to represent you wherever your case must be heard.
In addition to employment law litigation services, our firm is also experienced in assisting with transactional employment law matters, such as:
- Reviewing, updating, and preparing employee handbooks and manuals.
- Drafting employee, independent contractor, and non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting termination and severance agreements
- Legal and practicable advice and counseling on California labor related issues
We want the best for you as an employer or employee with your employment law matters. Call us today so we can help you understand your rights and obligations under California and Federal employment laws.